Hillside Stable offers lessons in jumping, dressage, and basic flatwork. We often also have horses available for part lease.
**We currently do not have any availability for lesson horse lessons.
Lessons are taught by Karen Nelson, who has experience competing in dressage, hunters, jumpers, and open show classes including western pleasure. Karen has been teaching since 1991, and so has decades of experience coaching riders of various levels and ambitions. Also available for clinics at your location.
Our program teaches women (18 years and up) the fundamentals of dressage and jumping. Our lessons focus on understanding why as well as how, in a fun, safe and encouraging environment. Our lessons are taught with 1 – 4 riders per group, and are taught during the day or on weekday evenings.
Rates (all rates include GST):
- Own/leased horse: $25.00 per lesson (inquire about lesson package rates)
- Haul in lessons: $30.00 per lesson (inquire about lesson package rates)
- Lesson horse lessons: $40.00 per lesson
* Add $5.00 for a private lesson.
- Leases: inquire as to rates. Lease rates vary as they are set by the owner of the horse.
- Show Coaching: $25.00 per day. Trailering rates vary.