Hillside Stable offers lessons in jumping, dressage, and basic flatwork on lesson horses or on your own horse. We often also have horses available for part lease.
Lessons are taught by Karen Nelson, who has experience competing in dressage, hunters, jumpers, and open show classes including western pleasure. Karen has been teaching since 1991, and so has decades of experience coaching riders of various levels and ambitions.
Our program teaches women (18 years and up) the fundamentals of dressage and jumping. Our lessons focus on understanding why as well as how, in a fun, safe and encouraging environment. Our lessons are taught with 1 – 4 riders per group, and are taught during the day or on weekday evenings.
Rates (all rates include GST):
- Own/leased horse: $25.00 per lesson (inquire about lesson package rates)
- Haul in lessons: $30.00 per lesson (inquire about lesson package rates)
- Lesson horse lessons: $40.00 per lesson
* Add $5.00 for a private lesson.
- Leases: inquire as to rates. Lease rates vary as they are set by the owner of the horse.
- Show Coaching: Varies.