Karen Nelson & Robert Baron
Hillside Stable offers leases on many of its horses to allow students to have extra riding
time, and to give the horses a break from lessons. Privately owned horses are also
occasionally available to lease. Please inquire for more details.
Leases include lessons, use of tack, and the opportunity to show.
Lease Rates (on Hillside Owned horses):
*available occasionaly for horses that need extra riding!
- Basic Lease: one lesson and one lease ride per week $220.00 /month
- Intermediate Lease: one lesson and two lease riders per week $285.00/month
- Special Lease: one lesson and two lease rides per week*. $200.00/month
Additional lesson on lease days $20.00 per lesson
Horses Available to Lease
- Gody: 16 hand liver chestnut warmblood gelding. Show hunters, jumpers, and
dressage. Very nice horse. For lease until sold, at which time lease rider will get
dibs on his replacement.
- Lily: 15.1 hand White Spanish Mustang Mare. Rescue from the US. Lovely mare
suitable for low level dressage. Very smooth, but still green and spooky, so
needs an experienced rider. Privately owned. Lease rate negotiable as owner
travels and wants her horse to have a more consistent riding.
- Rocky. 14.2 hand Morgan gelding. Rocky has show experience in low jumpers,
with many wins to his name. He is also the horse I use for ponying horses in
training. This quick and agile gelding has a wonderful jump, but he is very
particular with how he is ridden so needs a quiet rider who will cater to his whims.
Rocky is available to be full or part leased. Qualifies for Special Lease Rate.
- Kokanee: 15.2 hand Chestnut Rabicano QH gelding. Jumps, trail rides and does
basic flat work. A little quirky, but safe. Good for someone who wants to learn to
advance a horse's training. Qualifies for Special Lease Rate.
- Riley: 16.1 hand bay thoroughbred gelding. Suitable for jumping and basic
dressage. Lots of talent with good lead changes. Needs rider with some
experience. Privately owned.
- Rocket: 14.3 hand varnish roan morgan cross gelding. Gaited and super
smooth! Lovely canter. Jumps and does basic dressage. All around great guy,
but does need a lighter rider to perform at his best. Great first lease horse.
Others available so please inquire!